Please refer to our German page for our legally binding Data Privacy Statement. The following text is an unedited, fully automatic machine translation (by Google Translate), to give you the gist of our document as well as an idea of the current state of the art in machine translation. Please note that the quality of this automatic Google translation does not reflect the quality of our translation services.
1. The data controller responsible for this website is:
Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT
St. Barbara's Ring 13
Telephone: +49 341 51 97 365
2. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT
takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and adheres strictly to the rules of the data protection laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, the Telemedia Act and the data protection
regulations of the European Union (hereinafter »data protection regulations«).
3. In cases where Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT works together with other translators, editors or terminologists to implement the translations and other text editions, terminology projects or expert reports commissioned by you (hereinafter referred to as "cooperation partners"), data will be used exclusively for these cooperation partners Submit the creation of commissioned projects.
4. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT will accordingly oblige its cooperation partners to comply with data protection regulations.
5. The following statement gives you an overview of how Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT guarantees this protection and what kind of data is collected for which purpose. We point out that the Internet-based data transmission in principle has security holes, a complete protection against access by third parties, even with the utmost care, can not be guaranteed.
6. For all data protection questions and notifications, please contact the Data Protection Officer of Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT at the e-mail address schmitt(at)technik-schmitt.com.
II. Data collection on our website
1. The internet pages partly use so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and stored by your browser.
2. Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit.
3. You can set your browser to inform you about the setting of cookies. You can only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for specific cases or in general, and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
b. server data
1. The provider of our websites and websites automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us.
• Browser type and version
• used operating system
• Website from which you visit us (Referrer URL)
• Host name of the accessing computer
• Date and time of the server request
• IP address
2. These anonymous data are stored separately from any personal data you may provide, do not allow any conclusions to be drawn on a specific person and are only evaluated for statistical purposes in order to optimize our website and our offers.
3. The basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or pre-contractual measures.
c. Personal data
1. The use of our websites is possible without an indication of personal data. Data is personal when it can be clearly assigned to a specific natural person.
Only when you contact us, Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT collects and stores the following data (hereinafter referred to as "personal data"):
o Customer data for processing the individual order: full name, e-mail address, telephone number, possibly attachments to the order, if applicable, further product-related data, the approval of the data protection clause
o Interested party contact details: full name, company name, e-mail address, telephone number, attachments to the order, if applicable, further product-related data, as well as the approval of the privacy clause
III. Purpose of the survey, processing and use
1. The personal data is collected, processed and used by Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT - unless explicitly stated otherwise in this privacy statement - exclusively for the following purposes:
o to enable the services of Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT
o related correspondence with you
o to process your request and for any further advice you may require
2. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT will use the personal data only for purposes other than those listed above, insofar as it is in accordance with § 28 (2) BDSG for the protection of legitimate interests of a third party or to counter threats to public or public security or to prosecution crime is required.
IV. Your rights
1. You have the rights to information, correction and deletion guaranteed by the Federal Data Protection Act with regard to personal data. These rights must be exercised by sending a message by post or by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If data has already been transmitted to third parties, LANGUAGE SERVICE MÜNCH-SCHMITT is obliged to inform the recipient of the revocation.
3. You also have the right to information, correction and cancellation vis-à-vis our cooperation partners.
V. Duration of data usage
1. The personal data will be deleted immediately in case of revocation of your consent or if the purpose of the use of the data has expired.
2. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT will immediately inform its cooperation partners of a revocation of consent declared to Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT has obliged its cooperation partners to delete the personal data immediately after becoming aware of the revocation.
3. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT has also obliged its cooperation partners to immediately inform Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT of a revocation declared to the cooperation partner. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT will promptly after the knowledge of the declaration of revocation to delete the data with himself and possibly other cooperation partners.
4. Unless you specifically disagree, we store your customer data on access-protected data carriers for a period of ten years prescribed by tax law.
VI. Use of Google Maps
1. We use the "Google Maps" component of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter "Google", on some of our websites for your convenience in contacting us and getting to us.
2. Each time Google Maps is called, Google sets a cookie to process user settings and data when viewing the page that has the Google Maps component integrated. This cookie is usually not deleted by closing the browser, but will expire after a certain amount of time unless it is manually deleted by you.
3. If you disagree with the processing of your data, you may opt-out of the "Google Maps" service and thereby prevent the transfer of data to Google. To do this, you must disable the Java Script feature in your browser. However, please note that in this case you will not be able to use "Google Maps" or only to a limited extent.
and the additional terms and conditions for "Google Maps"
VII. Data Security
1. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure and to ensure the accuracy of the data and to ensure the legitimate use of the data, Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT uses appropriate technical and organizational procedures.
2. Nevertheless, communication - whether conventional or electronic - is fundamentally not completely secure. This means that data and information that you voluntarily submit to Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT could be obtained from third parties by way of unlawful data collection.
3. Prof. Dr. Peter A. SCHMITT can not assume any responsibility or liability for the disclosure of information due to errors and / or unauthorized access during data transmission by third parties.
VIII. References and links
2. Other service providers may have different and different terms in how they handle the collection, processing and use of personal data. It is therefore advised to check the websites of third parties before entering personal data about their practice regarding the handling of personal data.